Arthur G. Simon
Arthur G. Simon has been practicing law in the State of Illinois since 1979. Beginning in 1981, he became engaged almost exclusively in the practice of bankruptcy and insolvency litigation and has represented virtually every type of party in such matters, including Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 debtors, secured creditors, landlords, trustees, and creditors' committees.
Among other professional involvements, Mr. Simon formerly served as the Editor of the Committee on Bankruptcy Advance Sheets of the Chicago Bar Association. In that capacity, he reported the rulings and opinions of the Bankruptcy Judges in the Northern District of Illinois to the Bankruptcy Committee members of the Chicago Bar Association. He has served as a member of the Illinois State Bar Association Commercial, Banking and Bankruptcy Law Section Council. He is a former elected delegate to the Illinois State Bar Association assembly.
Mr. Simon has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in the field of Business Bankruptcy by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine. He has also been named as a “Leading Lawyer” in the field of Bankruptcy and Workout Law: Commercial by the Illinois Leading Lawyers publication.
Mr. Simon is proud of his wife, Margaret C. Benson, who he met at law school orientation, who is now the Executive Director of Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, the oldest continuous organization devoted to providing pro bono legal services in the United States. He is also proud of his three daughters, one of whom is a staff attorney at CARPLS (Coordinated Advice and Consultation Program for Legal Services), a Chicago legal aid organization.
- Loyola University, Chicago (J.D., 1979)
- University of Illinois-Chicago (B.S., 1976, with honors and distinction)
Admitted to Practice
- State of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Selected Professional Affiliations & Offices
- Illinois State Bar Association
Commercial, Banking and Bankruptcy Law Section Council, Former Member
Illinois State Bar Association Assembly, Former Elected Delegate