It has been said that it is difficult to be a good bankruptcy attorney without being a good litigator. However, even the most experienced civil litigators may find themselves at a disadvantage in bankruptcy litigation unless they also are experienced in bankruptcy practice. At Crane, Simon, Clar & Goodman, our attorneys have cultivated a breadth of knowledge that enables them to thoroughly analyze and manage all types of bankruptcy litigation.
We represent debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, landlords, Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustees and creditors' committees in Chapter 11 cases. Among the many bankruptcy litigation matters Crane Simon has successfully resolved are:
- Prosecution or defense of fraudulent transfer and preference claims;
- Allowance and disallowance of claims;
- Prosecution or defense of Complaints objecting to discharge and dischargeability;
- Prosecution or defense of Complaints seeking turnover of property of the estate;
- Enforcement or defense of automatic stay issues;
- Preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders;
- Contested bankruptcy asset sales and purchases; and
- Bankruptcy appeals.
Crane Simon has been involved in litigation relating to adversary proceedings and contested matters in bankruptcy courts in Chicago, the Midwest and nationally for over forty years. Our experience in both bankruptcy and commercial litigation uniquely qualifies us to protect our clients' financial interests in bankruptcy litigation. We invite you to contact Crane Simon to learn more about our team, our experience in all areas of bankruptcy litigation, and our services.